MANAGEMENT is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; LEADERSHIP determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall - Stephen Covey

Monday, October 03, 2005

Quotes to ponder by Albert Einstein

Here are some of my favo quotes by none other than the great Albert Einstein. Jus thought I'd share it with u...indeed quite a bit to ponder.....
a) The only way to escape the corruption of praise is to go on working...There is nothing else.
b) I never worry about the future. It comes soon enough.
c) If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.
d) There is only one road to true human greatness: through the school of hard knocks.
e) Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
f) Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
g) Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
h) Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world.
I especially love the first and last one! Pour in ur comments and lemme know what u feel.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor Gay said...

I also love the first one Sriram.

I wrote elsewhere recently that I do not believe in an 'overnight success.'

I believe some people work for 40 years to become an 'overnight success.' Look at Dr Edwards Deming as a wonderful example. NOTHING ever beats doing your homework.

And is it not a wonderful feeling when something goes really well and you refect and say to yourself - 'I did my homwework.'

12:04 AM

 
Blogger Sriram said...

Trevor,

True...overnight success doesnt hold much water...it takes one hellova journey (rough ride) to be successful in REAL terms & again success being a relative term, is quite different from the view of a generalist BUT i strongly believe that "When the goin gets tough, the tough gets goin!"

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Annie said...

I also like the last quote, though I do challenge the word 'important' and would replace it with 'larger'.

Knowledge and experience is vastly important. I recently read a book called "The Knight and The Squire" by Terry Jones, about a young English boy who has run away to France in medieval times. He said after stumbling into a library full of history books,

"I never dreamt there could be so many books! And each one of them is someone speaking to us from long ago. Each of those pages has a voice with something to tell us
.... without them we would be deaf to the past. Imagine! This whole room is shouting at us!"

How do we move move forward without the benefit of other people's knowledge and experience? In my mind knowledge is more important. Imagination is the icing on the cake.

5:43 AM

 
Blogger Living In Luxury said...

I always believed in knowledge and have been voraciously reading (and browsing)to acquire more of it. But einstein's quote on imagination is something to think about. Infact it is a shift in thought process for me.

Thanks for the great collection of quotes

1:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web site visitor counter
Office Depot Online