MANAGEMENT is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; LEADERSHIP determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall - Stephen Covey

Friday, December 16, 2005

Live Life Fully!

The most memorable New Year gift in the recent past is a lovely "Live Life Fully" kit (a one-page document!) that my dad (Mr.J.Kannan, a Freight Forwarding veteran) gifted to me a few daya ago. I am simply dumbstruck by this document and thought it would make great sense for me to post it here for the benefit of the ROW (Rest of the World). Here it goes...
Live Life Fully
> WITH:

ACCOMPLISHMENT
BLISS
CONTENTMENT
DECORUM
EXUBERANT
FIDELITY
GRATITUDE
HUMILITY
INTEGRITY
JOY
KINDNESS
LOVE
MAGNANIMITY
NOBILITY
OPTIMISM
PRAGMATISM
QUEST
RESPECTABILITY
STATURE
TOLERENCE
UNIVOCAL
VERSATILITY
WISDOM
(e) XALTATION
YUM
ZEST
> WITHOUT:

AGILITY
BIAS
CONTROVERSY
DELUSION
ELUSION
FEAR
GRUDGE
HATRED
IMPURITY
JEALOUSY
KINDLE
LAXITY
MOROSE
NEGLIGENCE
OBSTINACY
PROVOCATION
QUID PRO QUO
RETALIATION
SOUR
TIMIDITY
UNCONCERN
VIOLATION
WAGGING
(e) XPEDIENCY
YELL
ZELOTYPIA

6 Comments:

Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing these wise words of a lifetime Sriram that too coming from an veteran. I should tell you that these are really powerful words to lead a glorious life.

4:55 PM

 
Blogger Sriram said...

Vkn,

Absolutely true. My father (JK) has been and continues to be my greatest hero. He's an incredible person and a true visionary. I would need to live a cat's life (remember.....a cat has 9 lives!)to make his dreams come true.

8:57 PM

 
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

I miss my dad :-) I could not enjoy much of his worldly wisdom as he passed away when I was just 11 years old studying at 6th standard in an Indian boarding school. Now when I look back and introspect all past quarter century without him (Oh my god, I have already crossed 36 :-)) I surprisingly see that I have been trying to emulate and live like my dad with his principles imprinted on me during my childhood.

Once again thoughtful gesture. Thank you sharing these with us.

1:30 AM

 
Blogger Trevor Gay said...

Dads are special people. My Dad died suddenly at 70 years of age and I miss him still although it was almost 12 years ago. The biggest regret I have is not knowing him really well when he was alive. Cherish your Dad and his experience of life Sriram.

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Sriram said...

Vkn,

I surely can empathize with your feelings. I definitely know how important a 'father figure' is in everyone's life because many a times, a father invariably happens to be a role model for a child and sometimes it so happens that a few of us miss those memorable & lovely moments....yeah, I agree, life could be a little harsh!

That being said, there are lotsa elderly & experienced people whom we meet as we walk the path of life and I truly believe that we could have a fatherly / paternal bonding with those valuable people and have pleasant memories of them by simply being with them, listening to them, trying to emulate a few good practices from them and sharing our feelings towards them. Well, I also love the saying "Child is the father of man"....true isn't it?

Trevor,
I totally agree with you.

10:59 AM

 
Blogger J.KANNAN said...

JK said...
Trevor,
I immensely thank you for having condensed everything about Dads in couple of invaluable sentences and thereby have indeed made Dads great.

It's my earnest desire to see Dads being great rather than rich for simple reason " There is richness in being GREAT and not much of greatness in being RICH."

J.K

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web site visitor counter
Office Depot Online