MANAGEMENT is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; LEADERSHIP determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall - Stephen Covey

Monday, December 12, 2005

Make everyday a "Great Day"

You know, William Shakespeare said around 400 years ago that nothing is either good or bad but thinking makes it so. Ponder that. Even that may send a person into a lifetime of happiness or send another into a psych ward! Many people have lost limbs or endured other similar injuries and they believe it may have been the best thing that ever happened to them, going on to remarkable success and happiness in life in spite of, and even as a result of, their injury. Many others, though, are reduced to rubble from the exact same event.
The statement is phenomenal:"No matter what I am doing, I try to make it as enjoyable as possible." Because we know very few people who don't either spend enormous amounts of mental energy either looking backwards bemoaning their past and crying over it or looking to the future, imagining the worst outcomes. Very few people, enjoy very many present moments to (many of them) the fullest. Life is made up only of present moments. Present thoughts. Present decisions. Present actions. In each one, we have a choice... to be in it, to do what we should, what we can and to enjoy it for what it is. When they're gone, they're gone forever.
Yeah, sure... some moments and some days are better than others. But we can't determine which days are going to be those monumentally wonderful days. Therefore, one thing you could do is to write or type on a piece of paper and tape it to the top of your monitor these words:"No matter what I am doing today, I am going to make it as enjoyable as I possibly can." Make that your primary focus today... each and every minute and every hour today, and I promise you that today will be one helluva great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Thank you Sriram. That was quite inspiring. Here is one thought which I would like to share with you now.

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it! When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something I have traded for it. I want it to be gain not loss; good and not evil; success, and not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price I have paid for it." - Dr. H. Wilson -

Cheers!

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Sriram said...

vkn,

Excellent! So true....and I loved it.

2:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web site visitor counter
Office Depot Online