MANAGEMENT is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; LEADERSHIP determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall - Stephen Covey

Friday, December 09, 2005

Top-10 lies told by Finance Profs!

Recently, I read this at a website and therefore wanted to share it with ROW (Rest of the World)...Here it goes...

10 - Don't sweat that poor grade on your midterm. I am certain that you'll do much better on the final.
9 - Come by my office any time. I'm always available.
8 - You can make a killing as a stockbroker.
7 - Don't worry if you can't remember that formula. The main thing on the test is that you grasp the intuition.
6 - It doesn't matter what I think; write what you believe.
5 - If you come to all the lectures, you'll do just fine.
4 - My other section is much better prepared than you guys.
3 - What's your problem? Any moron can understand bond pricing models.
2 - Don't worry about that final grade. No one will care anyway.
1 - Of course, I make a lot investing. I only teach so I can help young people.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trevor Gay said...

Hi Sriram - very good

I heard many years ago 'The Three Great Lies'

Lie Number One - 'The cheque is in the post'

Lie Number Two - 'Of course I'll still love you in the morning'

Lie Number Three - 'I work in the finance department - I am here to help you'

12:57 AM

 
Blogger Annie said...

How about, "I'll ring you back this afternoon"?

1:56 AM

 
Blogger servimetrica said...

"Don't worry... you will be allowed to use your textbooks while doing the exam... ALL the answers will be there!" (ha!)

Gabriel S.

5:47 AM

 
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Hi Sriram:

Coming from tom peters. Those customer quotes were pretty intriguing ones. We liked those. Thank you for posting :-)

1:02 AM

 
Blogger Sriram said...

Trevor,
Those were awesome! Yeah...I know sometimes it is pathetic to be associated with the Finance Dept (I know u told me sometime back that ur best friends were from the Finance profession) but again....exceptions are there everywhere.

Annie,
That was nice...and guess the no. of people waiting for the call?? (did i say the FINAL CALL??)

servimetrica,
Well, I am begining to u'stand that "open-book" exams are fad nowadays!

vkn,
Thanx a bunch!

9:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web site visitor counter
Office Depot Online